On May 12th, 2020 we hosted a webinar on reading comprehension strategies for hyperlexic children.
Our Founder, Phyllis Kupperman, and Assistant Director, Ciara Nally, shared so many helpful tips for families and educators to support reading comprehension skills — thank you, both!
If you missed the first hyperlexia webinar, you can check that out here.
Resources we discussed in our reading webinar included:
- Overview of Evidence Based Strategies
- WH-Question Poster
- Excerpt from Reading Comprehension Kit for Hyperlexia
- Guided Writing
- Hyperlexia: Therapy That Works
Reading Comprehension Kits
- The Basic Reading Comprehension Kit for Hyperlexia and Autism
- The Reading Comprehension Kit for Hyperlexia and Autism: Level 2
Types of Graphic Organizers
- Circle Map
- Story Maps
- Venn Diagram
- Somebody Wanted…But…So…Then…
- Word Web