On April 21, 2019, CHAT hosted a webinar, Supporting Hyperlexic Children under COVID-19: Tips from the Experts. Our Founder, Phyllis Kupperman, and Assistant Director, Ciara Nally, shared so many helpful tips for families and educators of hyperlexic kids on today’s webinar — thank you, both!
We hope you enjoy watching this webinar! If you get something out of it and have the means, please consider making a small donation to CHAT so we can keep webinars like these going!
Due to the high demand, we will continue the series! Click here for upcoming webinar dates.
Below is a list of resources mentioned during the webinar.
- Boom Cards (CHAT Hyperlexia Boom Cards coming soon!)
- Literacy Shed
- YouTube (look for book reads!)
Books (including some of Phyllis’ Favorites!):
- Elephant and Piggy Series
- Henry and Mudge Series
- Frog and Toad Series
- Fox and His Friends Series
- Wordless Picture Books
- Super Duper Publications
- Touch Autism
- My Day with WH Words – A Social Story
- Conversation Social Stories and Simple
- Turn Taker Social Story
- Wait Timer Visual Timer Tool
- Potty Training Social Story
- Snipping Tool
- NEW – Snip ‘n’ Sketch