Phase III continues to focus on improving decoding, spelling, and reading comprehension, while explicitly teaching the stages in the writing process; brainstorming, drafting, revising, and editing to create a published written product. Throughout the program, students will also be taught:
- Language targets to improve comprehension and application of the stages in the writing process
- How to use and apply several mnemonic devices and graphic organizers to assist with writing
- Conventions of Standard English
- Higher-level vocabulary acquisition and use as well as written sentence structure
- How to organize, store and use resources to improve their writing
- And more!
Program may help your child if they struggle with:
- Paying attention and listening;
- Asking for repetitions or expressing when they don’t understand;
- Following directions or remembering information;
- Getting and staying organized;
- Understanding syllables and sounds in words;
- Understanding the meaning of words;
- Reading and sound-letter correspondence;
- Understanding and remembering what they have read.
LLP is organized around three-day cycles.
Each day targets specific skills:
“A” Days- Listen and Remember
Building auditory processing and organization skills, as well as reinforcing strategies for attention, listening, and memory.
“B” Days-Sound Check
Hierarchical approach to multi-sensory phonological awareness work, including rhyming as well as segmenting, isolating, and manipulating sentences/words, syllables, and sounds.
“C” Days-Understand it
Reviewing broader themes and comprehension of vocabulary and stories, as well as carryover and functional use of weekly targets.
Full program dates:
July 5th-August 4th, Tuesday-Friday (week of 4th of July) and Monday-Thursday (all remaining weeks); 90-minute sessions, times to be set based on interest and availability.
This 20-session program may be insurance-eligible or accessible through scholarship.