Language and literacy skills go hand- in-hand, and as speech-language pathologists we have a unique perspective on how to help children become successful readers through targeted early interventions!
We can help children to develop the foundational skills needed to succeed at reading, all before they have even started kindergarten. Leap does more than fill the gaps in your child’s development – it helps to instill in them a love of reading!
Program may help your child if they struggle with:
- Paying attention and listening;
- Asking for repetitions or expressing when they don’t understand;
- Following directions or remembering information;
- Recognizing or coming up with rhyming words;
- Understanding syllables and sounds in words;
- Understanding the meaning of words and answering questions;
- Knowing their letters and what sounds they make;
- Pre-literacy skills such as print awareness and book handling.
LEAP is organized around three-day cycles. Each day targets specific skills:
“A” Days- Listen and Remember
Building auditory processing and organization skills, as well as reinforcing strategies for attention, listening, and memory
“B” Days-Sound Check
Hierarchical approach to multi-sensory phonological awareness work, including rhyming as well as segmenting, isolating, and manipulating sentences/words, syllables, and sounds
“C” Days-Understand it
Reviewing broader themes and comprehension of vocabulary and stories, as well as carryover and functional use of weekly targets
Full program dates:
July 5th-August 4th, Tuesday-Friday (week of 4th of July) and Monday-Thursday (all remaining weeks); 90-minute sessions, 9:00am-10:30am.
This 20-session program may be insurance-eligible or accessible through scholarship.